Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Training for San Fran.



I have been training with the leukemia, lymphoma society for the Nike Woman's 1/2 marathon (Some are doing a FULL marathon) since May. The race is next month in San Francisco.






We train together on Saturdays and run on our own through the week. It's been such a great experience. I have met some great people and I am in the best shape of my life.




So, this past Saturday, us halfers ran 10 miles. We previously did ten miles a few weeks ago. I ran my first 10 miles in 2 hours and 17 minutes. I was sore but pretty excited to have completed the 10 miles. Well, this Saturday I knocked off 12 minutes! YIPPIE! Ten miles in 2 hours and 5 minutes.




I look so forward to race day, spending time in a city I absolutely love, with my bestie, VIP whom I abolutely adore. It wil be a most fabulous weekend!

No comments: