Sunday, November 9, 2008

Travel girl in Vienna

A year ago, at this time, I took my first solo trip to Europe. I thought in celebration of my one year anniversary, I would take you all on a walking tour through Vienna.

I hope you enjoy your trip;)

Single bed for a single girl.



The City.

















The Stephansdom, the mighty Cathedral.







The Holfburg.





Schonbrunn Palace & Park.





The Belevedere Palace. This is a travel girl top choice. It's actually 2 imposing palaces. Originally served as the summer palace for Prince Eugene of Savoy is now a museum. Stunning architecture. The upper Belevedere houses Gustav Klimts' famous painting "The Kiss." To see this painting in person is amazing.

It also started snowing this day. It is the first time I had actually seen it snow.
Hey, I'm from California:)










Yummy desserts!







Getting around:




If you go:

I booked my trip through Europeandestinations.com
I highly recommend this travel site. Booking online is easy and efficent. If you prefer to talk to a real live person there is a 800 number. However, I did everything online and my trip was perfect.

Recommended travel guide books:

I used Lonely planet and Fodor's travel guide.
Fodor's has an excellent map, good walking tours and outstanding restaurant selections.





Vienna is a beautiful city. It's a richer city and the people and culture reflect this. the people are not the most friendly but not rude either.

I walked the city and got lost many times. The streets are a little confusing but once figured out, it's quite simple.

I ate lots of fabulous desserts, drank a lot of great beer and tasted a lot of exceptional food.

Vienna on travel girl's 1-5 star scale:
*** 1/2




3 comments:

Debz said...

Looks amazing TG. The architecture and the overall look of the city, I wish I would be able to see it. I can't imagine ever being able to go anywhere quite that beautiful. But hey, I can live vicariously through you. :)

Julie D said...

Wow, gorgeous! Are you taking me there on our honeymoon once they overturn the Prop8 decision? LOL

Julie D said...

Where are we travelling to next?